You have many ways to give to the OCC Foundation, and many choices for your support.
Made on an annual, monthly, or more frequent basis.
Tributes and Memorials
Made to celebrate a loved one, friend, colleague, company, or organization at an important
Made by naming the OCC Foundation as a beneficiary of a will or trust; insurance policy;
bank, investment, or retirement account; or other vehicle. The gift is received on
the death of the donor.
Made by some employers to multiply the effect of their employees' giving. Requires employee to submit appropriate form.
Giving is Easy!
- Check made payable to the OCC Foundation.
- Credit card. American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA accepted.
- Stock transfer through your broker.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution through your plan administrator.
- Payroll deduction for OCC employees through Human Resources.
- Automatic bill pay through your bank or credit union.
- Transfer of real estate or real property (aka Gift in Kind).
- Beneficiary terms through your estate plan.
New Named Funds
Create and name a new expendable or endowed fund, designated to support the part of
OCC most important to you.
- Expendable funds begin at $1,000, and are typically used in the year given. For example,
a one-year scholarship at this level roughly covers tuition and books for two classes.
- Endowed funds begin at $10,000, and are invested in perpetuity. Earnings and asset appreciation provide annual income for scholarships and other
Student Success Fund
The Student Success Fund is the Foundation's rapid response to students in crisis.
It provides immediate help for enrolled students facing a financial emergency beyond
their control, once all other avenues are exhausted. By sweeping aside the financial
barrier, these students can complete their classes and stay on the track to success.
In addition to the Student Success Fund, the Foundation maintains over 100 scholarships
and other funds for most every program at OCC. You can add to any of these existing
funds at any time.
Unrestricted gifts are used for the emerging needs of the OCC.