Radiology Clinical Assignments
After the student has been selected into the professional component, they will be given a list of participating clinical sites and will have the opportunity to tour the radiology departments of these hospitals. Final acceptance of the student at a specific clinical site is made by the participating facility in conjunction with the clinical coordinator and program director. Requests by students for specific clinical assignments cannot be considered.
- Most clinical assignments are within a 50 mile radius of OCC's Southfield Campus.
- Clinical practice is offered on a day shift. Didactic classes are held during the day and evening, with the exception of a 4 week (total) rotation on afternoons from 2 pm - 10pm. The afternoon rotation takes place the final semesters of the program.
- Students follow the dress code of the clinical site to which they are assigned. Students provide their own uniforms which are usually hospital scrubs.
- Clean, neat professional appearance is required at all times. No visible body piercing or tattoos.
- Stringent policies are applied regarding didactic/clinical grades. No student is permitted to continue in the program if a final grade lower than 75% is received in any course- didactic or clinical.
- Stringent policies regarding "missed" clinical days are also applied. Any missed time due to illness, etc. must be made up prior to the end of a given semester.
Students are assigned to a specific hospital beginning in the Fall Semester, switched to a second hospital in May, and continue through until the end of the Winter Semester the following year . Students attend clinical the following number of days per week:
- FALL clinical= 2 days/week AND class= 2 days
- WINTER clinical= 3 days/week AND class=2 days
- SPRING clinical= 3 days/week AND class= 2 - (1/2) days
- FALL clinical= 4 days/week AND class= 1 day
- WINTER clinical= 4 days/week AND class= 1 day
The Radiologic Technology Program is currently affiliated with the following hospitals: