Radiology Clinical Assignments
After the student has been selected into the professional component, they will be placed at a participating clinical site. Final acceptance of the student at a specific clinical site is made by the participating facility in conjunction with the clinical coordinator and program director. Requests by students for specific clinical assignments cannot be considered.
- Most clinical assignments are within a 50 mile radius of OCC's Southfield Campus. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from all clinical assignments.
- Student clinical rotations are primarily during day shift (6am–5:00pm variable 8 hour shifts – site dependent). In the last two semesters of the program, students will complete 4 weeks of afternoon shift (2:00pm-12:00am, variable 8-hour shifts - site dependent), in each of the semesters (equaling 8 weeks total).
- Didactic courses are held at various times, during the day and in the evening.
- Students provide their own uniforms (hospital scrubs).
- Clean, neat professional appearance is required at all times. No visible body piercing or tattoos.
- Stringent policies are applied regarding didactic/clinical grades. No student is permitted to continue in the program if a final grade lower than 75% is received in any course- didactic or clinical.
- Stringent policies regarding "missed" clinical days are also applied. Any time missed due to illness, etc. must be made up prior to the end of a given semester.
Students are assigned to a specific hospital beginning in the Fall Semester. The following May, students are moved to a different hospital, where they will complete their clinical education. Students attend clinical and campus classes according to the following schedule:
- FALL clinical= 2 days/week AND class= 2 days
- WINTER clinical= 3 days/week AND class=2 days
- SPRING clinical= 3 days/week AND class= 2 - (1/2) days
- FALL clinical= 4 days/week AND class= 1 day
- WINTER clinical= 4 days/week AND class= 1 day
The Radiologic Technology Program is currently affiliated with the following hospitals:
- St Joseph Mercy Oakland - Pontiac
- Beaumont Hospital Farmington Hills
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital - Commerce
- Michigan Medicine- (multiple locations)
- McLaren Oakland - Pontiac
- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital - Warren Campus
- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester Hills
- The CORE Institute - Southfield and Novi