REQUIREMENTS FOR AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN SCIENCE (ASC.ASC)
Eligibility for a degree rests upon the satisfaction of these requirements:
1. Complete all academic requirements of the program.
A. Upon completion of 30 hours toward a degree, students should consult with a counselor.
B. Upon preparing to enter the final semester, students should again consult with
a counselor to determine degree eligibility.
2. Complete a minimum of 62 credit hours for a degree with a minimum cumulative 2.00
grade point average (GPA) over all.
3. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours at OCC.
4. Meet all General Education Distribution requirements.
Students leaving OCC who have completed 15 or more OCC credits may apply for graduation
upon submission of transfer credit to complete degree requirements.
1. If the break is longer than three years, the effective catalog for the determination
of degree requirements becomes the one in effect at the point at which the transfer
credit is applied.
NOTE: An Application for Admission is needed before the transfer credit can be processed.
2. If the break is less than three years, the effective catalog remains unchanged
for determining the completion of program requirements.