GRADUATION CEREMONY ASSIGNMENT
Two commencement ceremonies will be held at 10 a.m. and at 2 p.m. You’ll participate
in the commencement ceremony based on your degree / certificate program. You will
learn of your assigned degree / certificate upon completing your graduation application
and meeting with a counselor.
||Graduates in Attendance
Graduates receiving an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS or AASX) or a Certificate
- 9 am - 9:40 am Graduates check in at the OU Rec Center, which is connected to the
- 9 am - Doors open to the OU O'rena for Guest of Graduates
Graduates receiving any of the following degrees:
- Associate in Arts (AA)
- Associate in Business Administration (ABA)
- Associate in General Studies (AGS)
- Associate in Science (ASC)
- 1 pm - 1:40 pm Graduates check in at the OU Rec Center, which is connected to the
- 1 pm - Doors open to the OU O'rena for Guest of Graduates
* Students receiving more than one degree or certificate who are eligible to attend
either ceremony should attend the 10 a.m. Ceremony.
The O’rena has limited seating. You will be issued four (4) tickets for your guests.
- Tickets will be available starting April 25 at the OCC bookstores, and color-coded
for the 10 a.m. and the 2 p.m. ceremonies.
- Tickets will be distributed at the campus bookstores until May 13. Please plan to
personally pick up your tickets. You will be asked to show appropriate ID. Sorry,
tickets will not be mailed.
- Distribution of tickets will be subject to bookstore hours. On Fridays, campus bookstores
close at 2 p.m., including the day before the ceremony.
Additional Tickets May Be Available: On Monday, May 16 through Wednesday May 18, any remaining tickets will be made available
at the campus bookstores. Available tickets will be distributed on a first come, first
served basis. No more than ten (10) additional tickets will be distributed per graduate.
May 18 is the last day that tickets will be available.
- Purchase your cap/gown/tassel and announcements at a campus bookstore April 1 through
May 20. Bookstores close at 2 p.m. on Friday, including the day before the commencement
- Honor cords, veteran cords, and separate pieces (cap, gown, or tassel) are also available
at a campus bookstore for your convenience.
- Allowable gown adornments include Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) stoles, honor cords, National
Society for Leadership Success regalia, and/or veteran cords.
We will follow mask guidelines of our host site, Oakland University. If masks are not required at the time of the
event and you prefer to wear one, please do so.
For information regarding your diploma, contact Enrollment Services.
We’ll be sharing YOUR pictures and videos leading up to the commencement ceremony
and all day on May 21. There are many ways to get involved:
- Follow our Facebook page to be notified when the ceremony livestream begins
- Share your graduation story on social media
- Get creative and decorate your graduation cap
- Take pictures in your cap and gown
… and share it all with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #OCCGrad2022
and tagging @OCCollege.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Please keep in touch with your OCC family. Let us know about your accolades and triumphs.
If you can overcome a global pandemic … nothing stands in your way! Good luck and
we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
OCC ALUMNI: BEGIN YOUR TRADITION
Our graduates tell us how grateful they are for the help they received as students.
Guidance and encouragement from faculty and staff, and financial support from OCC
Foundation scholarships, all help our students achieve success. Today, begin your
tradition of helping those who follow you. Honor the person who helped you most at
OCC with a gift to the Student Success Fund. Or, give to a scholarship for students
in your program of study.
Give online or by calling 248.341.2137 or emailing OCCFoundation@oaklandcc.edu.