GRADUATION CEREMONY ASSIGNMENT
Two commencement ceremonies will be held at 10 am and at 2 pm. You’ll participate
in the commencement ceremony based on your degree / certificate program. You will
learn of your assigned degree / certificate upon completing your graduation application
and meeting with a counselor.
||Graduates in Attendance
Graduates receiving an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS or AASX) or a Certificate
- 9 am - 9:20 am Graduates check in at the OU Rec Center, which is connected to the
- 9 am - Doors open to the OU O'rena for Guest of Graduates
Graduates receiving any of the following degrees:
- Associate in Arts (AA)
- Associate in Business Administration (ABA)
- Associate in General Studies (AGS)
- Associate in Science (ASC)
- 1 pm - 1:20 pm Graduates check in at the OU Rec Center, which is connected to the
- 1 pm - Doors open to the OU O'rena for Guest of Graduates
* Students receiving more than one degree or certificate who are eligible to attend
either ceremony should attend the 10 a.m. Ceremony.
The O’rena has limited seating. You will be issued four (4) tickets for your guests.
- Tickets will be available starting April 3 at the OCC bookstores, and color-coded
for the 10 am and the 2 pm ceremonies.
- Tickets will be distributed at the campus bookstores until May 12. Please plan to
personally pick up your tickets. You will be asked to show appropriate ID. Sorry,
tickets will not be mailed.
- Distribution of tickets will be subject to bookstore hours. On Fridays, campus bookstores
close at 2 pm, including the day before the ceremony.
Additional Tickets May Be Available: On Monday, May 15 and Tuesday May 16, any remaining tickets will be made available
at the campus bookstores. Available tickets will be distributed on a first come, first
served basis. No more than ten (10) additional tickets will be distributed per graduate.
May 16 is the last day that tickets will be available.
- Purchase your cap/gown/tassel and announcements at a campus bookstore April 1 through
May 20. Bookstores close at 2 pm on Friday, including the day before the commencement
- Honor cords, veteran cords, and separate pieces (cap, gown, or tassel) are also available
at a campus bookstore for your convenience.
- Allowable gown adornments include Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) stoles, honor cords, National
Society for Leadership Success regalia, and/or veteran cords.
For information regarding your diploma, contact Enrollment Services.
We’ll be sharing YOUR pictures and videos leading up to the commencement ceremony
and all day on May 20. There are many ways to get involved:
- Follow our YouTube page to watch the ceremony live.
- Share your graduation story on social media
- Get creative and decorate your graduation cap
- Take pictures in your cap and gown
… and share it all with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #OCCGrad2023 and tagging @OCCollege.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Keep in touch with your OCC family. Let us know about your accolades and triumphs.
If you can overcome a global pandemic … nothing stands in your way! Good luck and
we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
OCC ALUMNI: BEGIN YOUR TRADITION
Our graduates tell us how grateful they are for the help they received as students.
You may have had encouragement from an outstanding instructor, received guidance from
a trustworthy counselor, or been awarded a scholarship to pay for classes from the
As you enter a new chapter in your life as OCC alumni, what impact will you have on
the next generation of students at OCC? Consider beginning a tradition of giving back:
Honor the person who helped you most at OCC with a gift to the Student Success Fund, or support a scholarship for students in your program of study by giving online.
For more information: 248.341.2137 or OCCFoundation@oaklandcc.edu