- Nursing Information Sessions
- Program Outcomes
- BSN Completion for OCC Nursing Grads
- Stellar School Status
|Royal Oak Campus - D Building, Theatre||Highland Lakes Campus - Student Center, Arena|
|February 16, 2017 (Thu)
(This session to be held at:
Southfield Campus, A201/A202)
|6:30 pm||January 25, 2017 (Wed)||6:30 pm|
|April 20, 2017 (Thu)||6:30 pm||March 16, 2017 (Thu)||6:30 pm|
|June 15, 2017 (Thu)
|6:30 pm||May 18, 2017 (Thu)||6:30 pm|
- No appointment necessary.
- All sessions are approximately two hours long.
- Your attendance will be recorded only if you arrive on time and stay for the entire session. Attendance is mandatory in order to apply; We recommend that you attend as soon as possible.
- Bring a pencil and your OCC ID number to ensure attendance is recorded promptly.
- For changes or cancellations, please revisit this page before attending.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program demonstrated evidence of achievement in meeting the following program outcomes:
- Performance on licensure exam: 92% NCLEX-RN passing rate on the first attempt (national mean = 82%) (September 2014)
- Program Completion: 83% completed the program within 150% of the length of the program (May 2014)
- Program Satisfaction: OCC Associate Degree Nursing graduates reported the quality of education was good to excellent (April 2014); 80% of the employers stated that OCC graduates were equally or better prepared than those of other nursing programs (2012)
- Job Placement: 86% of graduates are employed in the nursing profession after passing the NCLEX-RN (April 2014)
Oakland Community College has developed nursing program articulation agreements with several universities. These agreements are designed to facilitate ease of transfer for OCC ADN graduates and to give them opportunities to complete a BSN degree in an educationally sound, expeditious, and cost-effective manner. More information about these programs can be obtained from the Counseling department or from the university websites.
Current articulations with colleges offering RN to BSN programs for OCC students include Chamberlain College of Nursing, Davenport University, Eastern Michigan University, Ferris State University, Michigan State University, Oakland University* (Bachelor of Science), Saginaw Valley State University, University of Michigan-Flint, University of Phoenix, and Wayne State University.
Additional articulations in progress include Concordia University-Ann Arbor, Madonna University, University of Detroit Mercy, and Western Michigan University.
Oakland Community College received Stellar School status for 2013 - 2018 from the National Student Nurse Association.