Program outcomes represent broad areas of knowledge and skills developed over the duration of the program through a wide range of courses and experiences. These learning outcomes represent what a student should be able to know, think, or do upon successful completion of their program at Oakland Community College.
- Students will accept accountability for the provision of nursing care, professional growth and lifelong learning.
- Students will integrate professional values within the ethical and legal framework of nursing practice.
- Students will collaborate through effective communication with individuals, families, groups, and the interdisciplinary health care team members to optimize health outcomes.
- Students will promote culturally competent care with diverse individuals, families, and groups.
- Students will apply the nursing process to manage the delivery of care for a group of individuals in a variety of health care settings.
- Students will integrate concepts of quality and safety in the provision of nursing care that minimizes the risk of patient harm and achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Students will maximize critical thinking to optimize clinical decision making.
- Students will teach groups of individuals with complex health care needs to promote, maintain, and restore optimal health.
- Students will integrate leadership and management skills in nursing practice.
- Students will apply knowledge, concepts, paradigms, or theories to the assigned task.