Maximizing Interactions w/the Special Needs Population for Police/Fire/Dispatch
Stephanie Zoltowski, PsyD – Stephanie is a military veteran who served as a police officer while in the US Navy. Her specialties are mental health, professional development, and behavioral therapy for individuals with autism and other developmental and learning disabilities.
She received her Doctorate of Psychology in Business Consulting Psychology from the Chicago School for Professional Psychology. In addition to her formal education and experience, she has a variety of certifications including Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Instructor (CPI), ASIST Suicide Training, Mental Health First Aid, Domestic Violence and Abuser Intervention, Anger Management Treatment Professional, and Behavioral Health for Military Personnel.
She currently works as the Director of Special Needs at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Metro Detroit, working with individuals as young as 2 ½ years old up through adulthood. With nearly 15 years of experience with the special needs population, she has a wide variety of experiences and resources to maximize compliance, cooperation, and positive interactions across multiple industries.
This training provides a comprehensive look at the special needs population, provides officers the opportunity to see different perspectives, and equips them with interaction techniques specific to the population. The ultimate goal is to maximize safety and positive interactions for both officers and individuals with special needs. Throughout the session, participants will engage in discussions, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discuss real-world scenarios.
- Understanding People with Special Needs
- Communication Strategies
- Verbal De-escalation & Intervention
- Transporting Individuals with Special Needs
- Dangers of Physical Restraints
- Understanding Risks of Physical Restraints
- Keywords & Phrases
- Special Needs Parent / Child Panel
- Interacting with People who are Nonverbal
- DATES: March 8, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- COSTS: $175.00 (Small Agency Group Discount – FREE)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -
SNC Number - STS2022-2746