EMS Instructor/Coordinator Classroom/Online Hybrid
This program delivers the EMS I/C course as a hybrid of classroom and online learning. Combining live classroom instruction with internet based distance learning allows for less time to be spent in the classroom to accommodate the working student. This course meets all of the requirements of the Michigan EMS I/C curriculum and is approved by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion and will have their names registered with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services as having successfully completed an EMS I/C course.
Course Admission Criteria:
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Three years of full-time field experience as an MFR, EMT-B, EMT-S, or EMT-P with a licensed EMS agency that provides patient care. Proof of this requirement will be requested prior to the start of class.
- Currently licensed, and in good standing, as an MFR, EMT-B, EMT-S, or EMT-P with the state of Michigan.
All students must have access to a working computer that connects to the internet. All students are responsible for assuring that the computer they use for the EMS/IC course is capable of supporting Desire2Learn. Go to oaklandcc.desire2learn.com and run a system check to verify that the computer you use will work correctly.
- Letters of recommendation from 2 current Michigan EMS/IC’s.
- Letter from your employer confirming 3 years, full-time work experience as an MFR, EMT-B, EMT-I or S, or Paramedic.
- Letter describing your intentions once you obtain an EMS I/C license.
All Documents must be received no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of class.
- DATES: February 8 - June 19 2023
- CLASSROOM DATS: Wednesday 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm
February 15; March 1, 15, 29; April 12, 26; May 10, 24, June 14, 19
- REQUIRED STATE OF MICHIGAN COMPONENT: June 7, 2023 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- COSTS: $1,500.00
- LOCATION: Combined Regional Emergency Services Training Center ad Online 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 , Location on Campuse - Phone: 248.232.4211, Fax: 248.232.4225
- REGISTRATION: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or new phone: 248.232.4211
Questions: Lisa Braun or Steven Armstrong, Phone: 248.232.4211