Medical First Responder National Registry Emergency Medical Responder Curriculum
This 116-hour, state approved course, exceeds the MDHHS curriculum minimums and delivers the necessary education for first responders to provide initial care to people suffering from a variety of medical conditions.
The Medical First Responder license is the first level of EMS care recognized by the State of Michigan and is typically utilized by police, public safety and security agencies as well as rural fire departments, industrial workers, life guards, and search and rescue teams.
All students that successfully complete this course will be eligible to take the NREMT Emergency Medical Responder test needed to obtain a State of Michigan MFR license. Students will also receive an American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR card that is valid for two years from date of completion.
Training will include but is not limited to:
- Basic airway management
- CPR and AED
- Oxygen therapy
- Patient immobilization
- Triaging multiple patients
- Assisting EMT’s and paramedics during advanced care
- DATES: April 17 – May 5, 2023
- TIMES: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F, 15 day course duration (116 hours total)
- COSTS: $1,000.00 - ALL COURSE BOOKS AND MATERIALS INCLUDED
- LOCATION: Combined Regional Emergency Services Training Center and Online 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 , Location on Campus- Phone: 248.232.4211, Fax: 248.232.4225
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4211
- 302 Funds Eligible -