Advanced SWAT School
This course will build off tactics taught in the Basic SWAT Operators’ course. It is designed to teach veteran tactical officers the skills needed for high-risk, dynamic entries, room clearing and hostage rescues.
Kevin Kazyak - Chief, Chelsea Police Department. Over the span of his 28-year career, Kevin served as a Use of Force Instructor, Firearms Instructor and a SWAT Operator for 15 years before retiring at the rank of Deputy Chief from the Waterford Police Department.
Staff Instructors are highly motivated current and former operators assigned to area or regional SWAT teams. This collection of operators brings a unique opportunity to learn and gain knowledge from multiple instructors who have participated in numerous operations.
- Small Squad Dynamic Entries
- Points of Domination
- High risk search warrants
- Room Clearing
- Tactical Emergency Medicine
- Hostage Rescue
- Mission Planning
- “Force-on-Force” Scenario-based Training (Simuniton® protective equipment, Simunition FX® Marking Cartridges and weapon conversion kits provided)
- Kevlar helmet
- Tactical vest kit
- Tactical belt and holster
- BDU’s or department tactical uniform
- Eye and ear protection
- Tactical carbine with tactical light recommended
- Rain Gear
- Gas Mask with level 3 exposure
- Flashlight separate from weapon mounted light
- Cleaning kit for handgun and carbine
- Camelback or hydration system 1 NDFF per student
- 1500 rounds of rifle/carbine ammo
- 500 rounds of handgun ammo
NOTE: This course is physically challenging requiring participation in field craft exercises that may involve running and/or carrying equipment. Students should bring water and a lunch each day, as they could be eating during field craft / range exercises.
- DATES: June 12 - 15, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- COSTS: $525.00 (Small Agency Group Discount - $250.00)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -