Basic Patrol Rifle Course
Steve Zagacki – Troy Police Department. A 28-year veteran, SWAT Team Officer, currently assigned to the Training Section. Officer Zagacki is certified in a number of disciplines including firearms and tactical operations.
A two-day course where students receive instruction on the working knowledge, deployment and safe handling of the patrol rifle.
- Field strip
- Patrol rifle capabilities
- How to safely deploy rifle in close quarters
- Marksmanship drills
Department issued road patrol rifle with assigned optics and sling, 4 rifle magazines, rifle magazine pouches (if available), duty belt and duty pistol, 3 duty pistol magazines, training uniform (BDU pants if available), long sleeve shirts, long pants, hat, tactical gloves, eye protection, ear protection, clothing for outdoor range, rain gear, “Go-Bag” with snacks and water for hydration. Ammunition Required: 500 rounds of rifle ammunition, 100 rounds of pistol ammunition.
- DATES: May 17 - 18, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- COSTS: $250.00, $200.00 per person for agencies sending 4 or more (Small Agency Group Discount: FREE)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -