Emergency Vehicle Operator Instructor Certification
Joseph Haddad is the Coordinator for the Emergency Vehicle Operations Program and Driving Simulator at the Oakland Police Academy. He has been a driving instructor since 2005 and retired at the rank of Sergeant with Troy Police Department. Sergeant Haddad is a graduate of the Criminal Justice Programs at Oakland Community College and Wayne State University and retired from the US Army at the rank of Command Sergeant Major.
This course is designed to train experienced officers (minimum 3 years) to deliver the Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) to their peers. This course is a realistic, hands-on, driving program that offers the participant a combination of actual driving time on the range and driving simulator along with classroom instruction. Successful completion of this course qualifies you as an EVO Instructor.
- Legalities, Policies and Procedures, Case Law and Pursuits
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Driving Techniques (Driving Range)
- Evaluation Exercises (In-car “Role Reversal” exercises-Driving Range)
- Driving Simulator System (FAAC system)
- Driving Range Safety & Risk Management
- Patrol/Emergency Response Vehicle must be equipped with emergency lights, and please remove all excess equipment from cabin/trunk area prior to arrival
- Wet weather gear (you will be driving in the rain)
- Sun Screen/Head Cover
- Hydration Supplies
- Dramamine or equivalent if you are prone to motion sickness (consult your personal physician before use of any medication)
NOTE: The driving course for this particular class IS NOT designed for Pickups or Extended Version Expeditions, Excursions or Suburban’s, ect.)
- DATES: September 7 - 10, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Times subject to change) The class will meet 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm on Saturday, September 9th.
- COSTS: $675.00 - (Small Agency Group Discount - $100) (Seating is limited to 12)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -