Legal Review and Update
Jason D. Pernick – Jason served as an Assistant Prosecutor in the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office for more than 30 years. As a Major Crimes Prosecutor, Pernick was part of a team that was responsible for the prosecution of the most difficult and challenging cases undertaken by the office. He was cross designated as an Assistant United States Attorney to address joint state and federal cases. From 2017 to 2022, Pernick was the Chief of the Warrants Division, responsible for the intake and charging functions of the office. In that capacity, Pernick provided round-the-clock services to the law enforcement community. He was twice recognized for excellence by the Oakland County Coordinating Committee Against Domestic Violence and received the Distinguished Public Servant award from the Oakland County Bar Association. Prior to his appointment as an Assistant Prosecutor, he served as a Troy Police Officer.
This course will highlight new legislation and court decisions affecting police officers. There will also be a review of important Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment case law where students will have the opportunity to discuss their problem cases with other participants and the instructor.
• Survey of New legislation
• Recent court decisions affecting police officers
• Review of important case law
• Qualified immunity
• Discussion of active cases
- DATES: November 14, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- COSTS: $50.00 Small Agency Group Discount - FREE
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227