L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Training Systems L.E.A.D.S - Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies & Use of Force Analysis and Coaching for Field Training Officers (FTO's)
Lieutenant Kevin F. Dillon (Whethersfield, CT Police Department, Retired), KFD Training and Consultation LLC - is a 26-year law enforcement veteran, WAT Commander, highly sought-after speaker, and international trainer. He has lectured on use of force executive and leadership issues throughout the country. His appearances include conferences such as the International Association of Chief of Police (IACP), Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®) and FBI Command College, and FBI LEEDA Conferences. Lt. Dillon has been requested in many hotspots such as New Mexico, St Louis MO, California to address concerns on police use of force. He has appeared on CNN, Fox, NPR and multiple other venues. He developed both the nationally instructed L.O.C.K.U.P. Arrest and Control System as well as the L.E.A.D.S. - Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies.
Today, every use of force incident is scrutinized frame by frame on a video and judged by untrained individuals creating distrust and false narratives. Our Field Training Officers are our PRIMARY coaches and INSTRUCTORS but are often not any more trained in de-escalation and use of force than the recruit they are training. De-escalation strategies, use of force mitigation, analysis, investigation, and training is a complex continually evolving issue.
This 2-day training session is designed for Field Training Officers. It will examine how to apply de-escalation strategies in the real world, how to document those de-escalation tactics, force mitigation strategies, how to make use of force decisions, selection of appropriate actions, and report accurately.
- Adaptive Thinking Strategies
- Force mitigation techniques
- Identifying Agitated Chaotic Events
- Anger management and control
- Officer Behavior and Accountability Issues
- Reflective and Active learning skills
- Characteristics Associated with Excited Delirium
- Human performance factors
- Instructing and Coaching Methods
- Coaching De-escalation Techniques
- Decision Making Techniques
- Categories of use of force
- Documenting de-escalation deployment
- Quantifying Effectiveness
- DATES: September 12 - 13, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- COSTS: $225.00 - (Small Agency Group Discount - FREE)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -