Standard Field Sobriety Testing Refresher
This 4-hour training course focuses on enforcement of alcohol impaired driving and the administration of the Standard Field Sobriety Tests. Officers who have successfully completed the 40-hour Standardized Field Sobriety Testing course are eligible to attend.
Orman Rodges – Deputy, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, Retired. Deputy Rodges spent 22-years in the Alcohol Enforcement Section and is an SFST Instructor and Drug Recognition Expert.
Daniel Prachar – Detective, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office. Detective Prachar has 21 years of law enforcement experience. He has been a Drug Recognition Expert since 2007. Detective Prachar has been an SFST Instructor since 2008 and has instructed hundreds of pre-service candidates at the Oakland Police Academy.
- Recognizing and Interpreting evidence for OWI
- Three phases of OWI detection
- Administering and interpreting scientifically validated tests
- Overcoming defense challenges
- Case law and recent case studies
- DATES: March 10, 2023
- TIME: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- COSTS: NO CHARGE - GRANT FUNDED
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227