Threat Pattern Recognition and PPCT Use of Force Instructor
Joseph (Little Joe) Ferrera, Sergeant – Southfield Police Department, Retired. Joe is a staff instructor for PPCT and the Oakland Police Academy with over 40 years of police experience. Joe has spent 30 years training police officers across the country.
This course will provide the newest research in the area of officer survival during an unexpected close-quarters firefight. This research examines Human Factor Sciences, which is the study of human capabilities and human limitations within a specific domain.
This research has led to the current system of teaching threat pattern recognition and a specific response selection to deal with the threat. This training will help officers respond faster to threat cues.
- Speed Cuffing
- Distraction Techniques
- Transport Wrist Lock
- Arm Bar Takedowns
- Inside Takedowns
- Rear Takedowns
- Pressure Points for low-level resistance
- Defensive Counter Strikes with arms and legs
- Baton Striking and Blocking Techniques
- Handgun Retention and Disarming skills
- Shoulder Pin Restraining Technique
Required Equipment: Loose fitting clothing or BDUs, boots, training handcuffs, training batons, inert training pistol and duty belt.
- DATES: April 17-21, 2023
- TIME: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- COSTS: $475.00 – (Small Agency Group Discount - FREE)
- LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy 2900 Featherstone, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - Location on Campus: Police Academy
- REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com or new phone: 248.232.4227
- 302 Funds Eligible -