OAKLAND COUNTY, Michigan – From Detroit to France and everywhere in between, allow OCC student chefs to take you on a delectable journey around the world with this season's culinary events. OCC's award-winning Culinary Studies Institute continues its lineup of events for an incredible dining experience and the best in food and service.
Events and dining options are at OCC’s Orchard Ridge Campus, 27055 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills. For information and tickets, visit www.oaklandcc.edu/culinary.
Special Event Dinners
- Imported from Detroit Dinner, February 21, 2018, 6:00p.m.: In our dynamic ever-evolving city of motors and Motown, Detroit is a melting pot of rich heritages. Celebrate the unique culture of Detroit with food inspired by destinations from New Center, Corktown, to Poletown just to name a few. Try our Motor City influenced craft cocktails, beer, and wine in our cash bar, as well as complementary appetizers. Price is $55 per person, tickets are available on OCC's Eventbrite. Signature drinks available for purchase.
- French Countryside Dinner, April 18, 2018, 6:00p.m.: Embark on a tour of French history and place, culture and cuisine. Join us deep in the French countryside, where food forms a connection – between the people at the table, between the generations who have passed down a recipe, between the terroir and the meal that has sprung from it, and the history that continues to live on the plate. Price is $55 per person, tickets are available on OCC's Eventbrite. Signature drinks for purchase.
Lunch and Dinner Buffets
- Wish it were Spring Buffet, February 7, 2018 11:15a.m. – 1:00p.m.: The crocuses aren’t out yet and tulips are still asleep, but don’t fret. Grab your
friends & family and join us for our first buffet event of the season prepared by
our award winning culinary students. We will feature seasonal entrées and delicious
pastries to enjoy at your own leisurely pace. Price is $13 per person and reservations
for groups of 8 or more are required.
- International Smorgasbord Buffet, April 4, 2018, 11:15a.m. - 1:00p.m.: What better way is there to celebrate the coming of warmer weather than to have a worldly spring buffet? Immerse yourself in the flavors of spring with our afternoon of culinary delights. Come hungry and make yourself at home with our self-serve beverage station and fabulous décor. Price is $13 per person; cash bar is available. Reservations for groups of 8 or more are required.
- High Tea in Reflections 7 & Apr. 4, 2018, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. A five course lunch is included with accompanying traditional tea service. Ladies are encouraged to wear a fabulous hat! High Tea tickets are priced at $27.00 and sold at the culinary office. Advance purchase is required.
Dine with us at the Orchard Ridge campus.
- The Ridgewood Café – Menu items are freshly prepared from scratch and change daily offering salads, sandwiches, entrées and desserts. Guests are invited to dine in with service or utilize the cafeteria and help themselves. The Café is open 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning January 15 through April 17. *The Ridgewood Cafe is closed February 26-27 and March 5-6.
- Reflections Restaurant – The restaurant’s Prix Fixe $16 menu features a four-course meal with three entrées to select from that change weekly. Reservations are required. Wine and beer are available. The restaurant is open Thursdays, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. beginning January 17 through April 18. *The Reflections Restaurant is closed February 28 and March 7.
- The Bakery is open Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on the third floor of J Building. Purchase
breads, cakes, candies, cookies and chocolates. *A special bakery sale is being held on March 15 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
About the OCC Culinary Studies Institute - OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute is Michigan’s premier hospitality school. The largest of the Institute’s programs, Culinary Arts, gives students a combination of classroom and hands on experience. In addition to extensive time in kitchen labs cooking and baking, specialties such as ice carving and wine and spirits are offered. Students participate in events such as the annual Wassail Feast at the student-run Ridgewood Café, a restaurant on the Orchard Ridge Campus.
About OCC - With multi campus system in Oakland County, OCC is Michigan’s No. 1 transfer institution, offering nearly 100 degrees and certificates. The College empowers academic and developmental experiences, allowing students to reach their potential and enhance their communities. More than 1 million students have enrolled in the college since it opened in 1965. A seven-person Board of Trustees governs OCC. Board members are elected on a non-partisan, at-large basis, serve as volunteers and are not paid. Learn more at oaklandcc.edu.
Media Contact: Marketing & Community Relations | 248.341.2020 | firstname.lastname@example.org