Have a Financial Aid Question?
Contact Us for Answers
At the Financial Aid office, we realize that financial aid can seem complicated. One of our most important jobs is to answer your questions so you get the financial aid that you deserve. There are many ways to contact us:
- Visit the Financial Aid offices at Auburn Hills (Room B-227), or Royal Oak (Room B-104).
- If you have a brief question, call us at 248.341.2240
- If your question is more involved, make an appointment for a phone or Zoom discussion by submitting an online Appointment Request or calling 248.341.2240 and choosing option 4. For Zoom appointments, you must have a valid government issued photo ID to show to the Financial Aid representative.
- Chat live with a Financial Aid representative through the OCCbot that pops up at the bottom of our webpages.
- Email your question to email@example.com.
Our offices and virtual services are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Keep in mind that no matter how you contact us, your student information always remains private and secure.
Get Help Online
You can get answers to many questions in three areas of this website where we provide information:
- In our financial aid pages here, you’ll find extensive information about grants, scholarships, student loans, work-study,financial aid eligibility, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and other subjects. To access all of our pages, click on the hamburger icon in the top left of this page.
- The Self-Service Financial Aid section of MyOCC provides updates about your financial aid application, including which requirements you’ve met and whether you need to provide more information. It also has details about your award offer, allows you to accept the offer online, and more.
- We provide online access to Financial Aid TV, a service offering hundreds of brief videos that answer common questions.