Students begin their year of clinical rotations in the third semester (Summer). Clinical assignments are determined by the program director and director of clinical education. Requests by students for specific clinical assignments, days or hours cannot be considered. A portion of the clinical guidelines follows:
- Clinical assignments are within a one-way 50 mile radius of OCC’s Southfield Campus.
- Clinical assignments may be for eight hour or twelve hour shifts.
- Students’ clinical dress code is black scrub pants with a white scrub top and white ¾ length lab coat.
- A clean, neat professional appearance is required for clinical assignments.
- Visible tattoos, body piercing and gauges are not permitted.
- Students are not paid for clinical work.
- Stringent polices regarding absence or tardiness in the clinical rotation are applied.
- Students must obtain a passing score for all required competency assessments in every clinical rotation.
- Advent Home Medical, Inc. – Auburn Hills
- American Therapy Centers - Westland
- Beaumont Health System – Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak, Troy
- Crittenton Hospital Medical Center – Rochester
- Detroit Medical Center – Children’s, Detroit Receiving, Harper, Sinai-Grace, Detroit
- Huron Valley-Sinai - Commerce
- Henry Ford Health System – Henry Ford Hospital- Detroit
- St. John Providence Health System – Providence-Providence Park Hospital - Novi
- St. Joseph Mercy Health System – St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital- Pontiac
- University of Michigan Health System – C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital - Ann Arbor