Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Scholarship
Award amount: $400
- MUST have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Oakland Community College.
- MUST have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- MUST NOT possess a bachelor's or other advanced degree.
- MUST be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-U.S. citizen. See the Financial Aid office for non-U.S. citizen eligibility requirements.
- MUST be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at Oakland Community College.
- Award shall be used for tuition, fees, and books for the Summer 2016 term. You MUST be registered for Summer 2016 to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Each campus will award four (4) scholarships.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2016
Credit hour enrollment required: Full-time (12 or more credit hours) or Part-time (6-11 credit hours)
Non-Institutional Scholarships are sponsored by a variety of organizations, and a limited number of applications are sent along with the scholarship posting. Students must follow the instructions and meet application deadlines noted in the scholarship profiles.
OCC does not assist in the development of the scholarship criteria nor participate in the screening and/or selection of the scholarship recipient(s) except as prescribed by the scholarship sponsors. OCC also does not approve/disapprove/endorse the scholarship organizations and provides the scholarship information as a public service.
An OCC Chancellor’s Scholarship is available to each public/private high school and adult/alternative education center in Oakland County. The $2,500 scholarship covers full tuition and fees for the first year only. Applications are available from high schools and the adult/alternative education centers starting in November of each year.
OCC offers scholarships to some exceptional student athletes for their active participation in the college's athletic programs.
Tax Credits, Hope Scholarships & Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
Tax Credits can decrease the amount of money you owe for taxes or increase the amount of your tax return. Exact award amounts will vary. Consult with your tax advisor regarding eligibility requirements.
Technically a tax credit, the Hope Scholarship allows eligible students pursuing the first two years of post-secondary education to receive tax credits for tuition and fees. If you are not eligible for the Hope Scholarship or if you have already attended your first two years of post-secondary education, you may be eligible for the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.
FINANCIAL AID OFFICES
Auburn Hills Campus
2900 Featherstone Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845
Phone (248) 232-4340
Orchard Ridge Campus
27055 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334-4579
Phone (248) 522-3440
22322 Rutland Drive
Southfield, MI 48075-4793
Phone (248) 233-2940